Gamescom adventures - part 2

On the second day of the Gamescom, I didn't play as many games as before, but bigger titles instead. Meaning I spent more time in queues. It was still a lot of fun though, and most of the games were worth the wait.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate by Nintendo



The day began with a blast and I onlay had to wait 10 minutes to play it. I dare saying that probably not everyone was as lucky as me, since most of the time there was a big queue of 5/6 hours. Smash Bros. Ultimate was exactly what you would expect from it: Quick fun, not too many suprises. I found the game to feel more responsive to my input than Smah Brow. Wii U and overall it felt more fluent. A safe buy for me, and I won both rounds I got to play, so there's a chance that I won't do to bad in the game.

Team Sonic Racing by Sega

Now this is a game I didn't thought I would play. Or like. But there was no queue and so I had a pretty good time with it. I liked how important teamwork was, with the game making it nearly impossible to succeed without it. I only got to play one race, but I think that this game has a lot of potential, even though the track for racing I saw wasn't too exciting. Maybe I will get this game, but for the moment I will only keep an eye on it, watching how it develops.

Overwatch: Lucio Ball by Blizzard

Another unexpected game I didn't thought I would play. But there was followig problem: I never really played Overwatch, so I was a bit overwhelmed. Because of this I can't say much about it, since it wasn't really made for me, I am sure, many fans of Overwatch will like it, but I didn't really like the feeling of the movement. But I hope that others will find some fun in this game.

Final Fantasy XIV. Online by Square Enix


Thinking back, there were many games I really didn't expect to play. Going to the Gamescom demo, I never played this game before. Nobody in my group has. Now there where 10 people who didn't know anything about this game, pitted against one of the more difficult foes of the game (I forgot the name, but it was a lady standing on a head or something similar). As most can imagine, it was a complete mess and we were wiped in 4 minutes. But we got a nice bag which normally only winners get, so it wasn't to bad. Since I onlay played the game for 4 minutes, I don't dare to say anything about it.

Deathgarden by Behaviour Interactive


Deathgarden isn't a big title, but it was a wonderful ending for the day. It is made by the developers from Dead by Daylight and well, it is pretty much Dead by Daylight 2, but quicker and without the mistakes of the other game. You have one hunter and five runners who have to escape a place called "The Garden". It was much fun, even though I am a bit worried about the replayability of the game. Still, this is definitely a fun game for inbetween and I can recommend it for those on a search for a quick and exciting game, which I played three times at the Gamescom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Character Analysis - Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology

Story Analysis - Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology